I came across the SweetPea MP3 Player for kids while I was hunting for something for him. It’s pretty much everything you could want in an mp3 player for kids:
- Durable (soft food grade rubber exterior)
- Integrated speaker makes headphones optional
- Hidden volume control for parental access only
- You can organize up to 99 playlists, that loop automatically
- Only 3 buttons makes it easy to operate
- No moving parts that can break off
- Big enough to not get lost (it’s the size of my hand!)
- Lead free
- Stores up to 32 hours of music and/or audio books
- Comes preloaded with some kids songs and audio books
- Flat base to sit on a nightstand or counter
- Comes in blue or purple
I seriously love how there are only 3 buttons, and most of the setting are locked in the parental dashboard, which you access by pushing the left and right buttons at the same time. Unless the kids figure that out, the only things they can really do is go to the next song, previous song, and stop it. And if they stop it, it automatically turns off after 1 minute so the battery doesn’t wear down.
I’m seriously in love with this thing. Arick is a mechanic, and every time he takes electronics to work, he manages to break them. So I just might get one for him too… lol. I honestly can not think of a way that this product could have been designed better. Even if it’s not something you were looking for, this is the PERFECT gift for any kid on your Christmas list. It will probably end up being one of their favorite things!
SweetPea also has a tablet they call the Big Boss Family Manager. It’s a tablet that has magnets on it so it sticks to your fridge, and syncs all of your devices with the pre-installed Google Calendar, so that you have everything you need to remember in one place! I haven’t had a chance to actually review it to give you actual feedback yet, but I’m hoping to be able to do that soon!
In the meantime, go check out SweetPea on Facebook, and hurry up and order your mp3 player so you get it in time for Christmas!